Memory iButtons provide ROM, RAM, or EEPROM storage for data in the small iButton® form factor.
- ROM Data is data that cannot be changed. It is programmed once and is usually used for identification and serial numbers. This means you have a secure identification system.
- RAM Data is only stored as long as electricity is following through it, as soon as the power shuts off the data is lost.
- EEPROM is data that can be stored and changed electronically. So you can keep on changing and storing data on the iButton.
Memory iButton® are used as:
- Keys for access systems.
- Electronic wallets
- Storage of key parameters, such as calibration data.
- Electronic travelers or progress tracking devices.