Terms & Conditions
- Customers must pre-pay shipping on web orders with computed shipping charges. The purchaser must pay an additional charge for shipping on traditional (not web) order orders unless otherwise specified in the quote.
- Only Wisconsin sales tax is collected by iButtonLink. The purchaser is responsible for all other applicable taxes, duties, customs charges, and Value-added Tax (VAT) fees. If located in the European Union, please consider using one of our distributors; they provide zero VAT transfer to appropriately registered businesses.
- Stock items normally ship within one business day.
- The default shipping carrier is United Parcel Service (UPS).
- We accept payment by credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Diner's Club, and Discover), PayPal, and wire transfer (for orders greater than $1,000 US). Your credit card will be charged at the time the order is received. Pay Pal transactions are charged at the time the order is placed.
- Payment by purchase order with net terms is an option for approved companies with approved credit, US institutions of higher education, and US government agencies. Please contact us to obtain approval.
- For companies and organizations outside the US, iButtonLink uses EX-IM Bank for all non-US terms and credit approval.
- You may return standard products—excluding software—in new condition, within 30 days of shipment for any reason, for a full refund less shipping charges. You may only return custom products for warranty service.
LIMITATIONS OF USE
Products manufactured by, or marketed by, iButtonLink may not be used or distributed for use in any high-risk activities in which the use of the products could lead directly to personal injury, including on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation, direct life support systems or in the design, construction or operation of any nuclear facility. Any deviation from this declaration will be the sole responsibility of the user.
RESTRICTIONS OF HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES (RoHS) COMPLIANCE
- All products manufactured or sold by iButtonLink are RoHS compliant [http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/european-standards/harmonised-standards/restriction-of-hazardous-substances/index_en.htm] except the MS-TL. iButtonLink products comply with EU Directive 2001/65/EU on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
- Some products are compliant by exception, including lithium batteries.
- iButtonLink will provide a Declaration of Conformity for specific products upon request. Submit a request for Declaration of Conformity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- iButtonLink is not a publicly traded company and is not required to be compliant with the Dodd-Frank Act regarding conflict minerals. However, iButtonLink does not support the use of conflict minerals and is committed to removing any conflict minerals from its supply chain.
- iButtonLink requests support from all suppliers to comply with this Act.
- iButtonLink can provide a status template Contact email@example.com to request a template.
LIMITED WARRANTY STATEMENT
iButtonLink, LLC. warrants all products manufactured by, or sold by, iButtonLink, to be free of manufacturing faults for a period of 1 year from the date of shipment.
This warranty is for the original purchaser of the product. If you purchased the product through a reseller, distributor, installer, purchasing agent, or other entity, then iButtonLink will provide warranty service to the original purchaser and you should request warranty service through the original purchaser.
If iButtonLink, LLC. receives notice during the applicable warranty period of a defect covered by the warranty, iButtonLink will refund payment, repair or replace returned products at the sole discretion of iButtonLink, LLC.
iButtonLink, LLC. shall have no obligation under this warranty until the product is returned to iButtonLink, LLC. postpaid with appropriate RMA number, issued by iButtonLink, LLC.
If iButtonLink, LLC. determines a product should be replaced or repaired, iButtonLink, LLC. will provide the replacement product or repaired product under the same shipping terms as the original order to the same country as the original order.
If iButtonLink, LLC. determines a product should be refunded, the refund will be processed using the same payment method as the original purchase and to the original purchaser.
Products that have been tampered with or damaged through neglect, misuse, inappropriate environment, or exposure to harmful elements are not covered under this warranty.
Due to the varied ways that products can be configured during use, battery life is excluded from warranty for all battery operated products.
LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, NEITHER IBUTTONLINK NOR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS MAKES ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
To the extent allowed by local law, the remedies provided in this Limited Warranty Statement are the customer’s sole and exclusive remedies.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL LAW, EXCEPT FOR THE OBLIGATIONS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL IBUTTONLINK OR ITS THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
This Limited Warranty Statement gives the customer specific legal rights. The customer may also have other rights which vary from state to state in the United States, from province to province in Canada, and from country to country elsewhere in the world.
To the extent that this Limited Warranty Statement is inconsistent with local law, this Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. Under such local law, certain disclaimers and limitations of this Warranty Statement may not apply to the customer. For example, some states in the United States, as well as some governments outside the united States (including provinces in Canada), may: (i) preclude the disclaimers and limitations in this Warranty Statement from limiting the statutory rights of a consumer (e.g., United Kingdom); (ii) otherwise restrict the ability of a manufacturer to enforce such disclaimers or limitations; or (iii) grant the customer additional warranty rights, specify the duration of implied warranties which the manufacturer cannot disclaim, or allow limitations on the duration of implied warranties.
THE TERMS IN THIS WARRANTY STATEMENT, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT LAWFULLY PERMITTED, DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT, OR MODIFY, AND ARE IN ADDITION TO, THE MANDATORY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO THE SALE OF THE PRODUCTS TO SUCH CUSTOMERS.
iButtonLink shall be held harmless for any damage or loss resulting from any product failures, or delayed deliveries due to events beyond the control of iButtonLink.
iButtonLink shall be held harmless for any damage or loss resulting from late deliveries.